Do you follow fashion trends? I am always looking ahead to see what will be fashionable in the upcoming season; part of it is my job leading Once ‘n Again but mostly I have always been interested in fashion. Some of the forecasts are reasonable and believable then there are some we laugh at and think it will never “catch on”. Sometimes we are right about a trend being ridiculous…but occasionally, in the not so distant future, we are wearing a version of the trend we were laughing at.
We live in the Midwest so we know some of the trends will never make it far enough from the coasts to reach us in their wildest forms. Which of these trends for Fall Winter 2018 do you think we will see?
- Colors: yellow, rust, red & camel, navy & pink/blush, metallic silver, & white on white (can be off-white too).
- Prints: tweed, plaid, checks, tartan, zebra, leopard
- Boots: kitten heel, cowboy ankle, sock boots, shootie (shoe/boot), angled heels, and over the knee.
- Oversized earrings & layered necklaces
- High shine fabrics: vinyl, metallic, luxury fringe, & patent leather
- Leather—dresses, pants, long coats.
- Modest dressing—cover it all up with high necks, edgy pleats, boxy jacket, & bow blouses!
- Updated Fannie Packs—love the 80’s!
Not so sure the trends below will catch on but you never know!
- Cowboy and western wear—prairie dresses with cowboy boots?
- Logos are back big and bold—wear the brand you love in big letters!
- Retro silk scarves-head and neck kerchief
- Statement headwear—Knit balaclavas and various hoods.
- Capes (I’m starting to giggle thinking Edna Mode (Incredibles) ”no capes”)
- Extra layering—wear all of your clothes at once or 2 coats over a turtleneck and a vest (I am laughing hard now…it does get a little cold in Once ‘n Again in the winter)
Whether laughing or crying about the upcoming trends we have many of the looks you are searching for now. Stop in and see what is “new” at Once ‘n Again in Fairbury or Pontiac, IL or visit oncenagain.com for more information about us.