Highlights of consignment policy:
Due to COVID ongoing capacity restrictions & handling precautions–some of the information for consignors on this page is temporarily different than usual, please be patient as we adjust–and follow the new rules until we can go back to our usual policies.
- An Appointment is necessary–request your appointment on the contact us pages: Fairbury or Pontiac
- 40% split, after fees (see fee schedule below)
- 50% split on items that sell for more than $100, after fees
- 90 day consignment period
Cash payouts from your consignment account are limited to $200 per day (Photo ID required). We will mail a check for the rest, free when requested at the time of your cash payout.
Drivers License/State ID will be required for all cash payouts regardless of the amount and ID will be required when you use your store credit for purchases. Bring your id—please do not forget it.
- For maximum $$, bring items to consign in the correct season according to our seasonal calendar
- For maximum convenience try drop & run consignment.
- Sort Consignment is temporarily unavailable–due to ongoing capacity restrictions and handling precautions we will not sort your consignment while you wait at this time. Drop & run consignment by appointment is the only option at this time.
- One time $10 new account fee, no need to pay cash we will take the fee out of your first sale.
- Buyout/Cash Today/Cash Now is not available (temporarily suspended beginning March 16th 2020).
- You can choose to pick up your consigned items that did not sell if we priced it over $19. You must pick it up before the end of your 90 day consignment period. Due to high volume pick-ups are not offered for items priced under $19.
- Bring your items in open top shopping bags or boxes–no garbage bags please (some of the worst surprises come to us in a garbage bag).
- Bring items in “ready to sell” condition (freshly laundered, free of odors, fresh batteries or bulbs, free of garage sale stickers, free of hangers (we use our own)). See fees below if your items are not “ready to sell”.
Read entire contract.
- New Account Fee: $10 (all new accounts)
- Mail Check Fee: $3 ea (only those that call and request a check). Checks will not be mailed for amounts under $20.
- Cleaning/Hanger/Garbage Bag Fee: starts at $1 per item for those items not “ready to sell”
- Battery/Light Bulb Fee: Starts at $1 per battery/bulb (watch battery $5-10)
- Sticker Removal Fee: 0.25 cents per item
- Buyers Fee: This item handling fee is is added to almost every item. It is passed on to the buyer and is not paid by the consignor. The fee is based upon the selling price. The most common amount for this fee is $0.99.
Seasonal Consignment Guidelines
For your convenience, you can bring any season anytime. We price the current season items (according to our best time schedule below) in your consignment account and buy the out of season items for the cash now price by crediting your consignment account.
- The best time to bring Spring is January Thru March
- The best time to bring Summer is March Thru June
- The best time to bring Fall is July Thru September
- The best time to bring Winter is September Thru December
A good guideline for “Holiday” merchandise is 90 days before the holiday. Example, the best time to bring Christmas decor and clothing is the end of September…90 days before Christmas.
Christmas decor in Fairbury: we no longer accept/sell Christmas trees with detachable branches or table top Christmas trees. Ornaments must have been over $12 each new and still current. September-October is the best time to bring Christmas decor–if you bring it to us in Nov/Dec it is too late for full price sales.
Items with no season, we price it all year long: Jeans, hoodies, and non-seasonal home decor (Fairbury Only).