Consignor Information–Thank You For Choosing Us
Highlights of consignment policy:
- Check this page regularly as it will have the most recent consignor updates!
- Appointments required–request your appointment here: Fairbury
- 40% split, after fees (see fee schedule below)
- 50% split on items that sell for more than $100, after fees
- 90 day consignment period
- We consign and sell brand name clothing/shoes for Women & Men, handbags, home decor, & jewelry. Visit our what we sell page for details on items and brands.
- Drop & Run Consignment by appointment. Seven shopping bag limit per week per consignment account.
- Bring only items that we sell, we no longer accept items on our no thank you list. Please take out all of the items that we do not sell before you come to the store to drop off—we will not sort while you wait. Disposal fees apply (see below) for an excessive amount of items in your 7 bag drop off that we do not sell. We don’t want to charge additional fees, it is a way to ensure that the guidelines are followed so that we can efficiently process and sell your awesome current name brand items.
- Bring in-season items according to seasonal calendar. See seasonal calendar below for our consignment season guidelines. Consignor reports are available in store aprox a week after drop & run.
- Bring your items in open top shopping bags or medium sized moving boxes (maximum of 7 per consignment account per week)–no garbage bags or large boxes please. If it is too heavy for you, its too heavy for us. Some of the worst surprises come in garbage bags plus they are often too heavy then they tip and rip too easily.
- Bring items in “ready to sell” condition (freshly laundered, right side out, free of odors, fresh batteries or bulbs, free of garage sale stickers, free of hangers (we use our own)). See fees below if your items are not “ready to sell”.
- Consignment for Children’s clothing was discontinued on February 18, 2023.
- We stopped accepting consignments in our Pontiac location on March 25, 2023 and closed the Pontiac store on May 25, 2023. Our Fairbury location will remain open to serve you for years to come.
Cash payouts from your consignment account are limited to $200 per day (Photo ID required). We will mail a check for the rest, no check fee when requested at the time of your cash payout.
Drivers License/State ID will be required for all cash payouts regardless of the amount and ID will be required when you use your store credit for purchases. Bring your id—please do not forget it.
- One time $15 new account fee, no need to pay cash we will take the fee out of your first sale.
- You can choose to pick up your consigned items that did not sell if we priced it over $19. If you choose to pick it up, you must pick it up before the end of your 90 day consignment period. Due to high volume pick-ups are not offered for items priced under $19.
Read entire contract.
- New Account Fee: $15 (all new accounts)
- Mail Check Fee: $3 ea for those that call and request a check–expected check arrival time 2 weeks from request. Checks will not be mailed for amounts under $20.
- Cleaning/Hanger/Garbage Bag/Inside Out Fee/Excessive Disposal: starts at $1 per item for those items not “ready to sell”. These fees are charged at the time of pricing for items that we price and items we have to dispose of before pricing. To avoid these fees follow our guidelines and do not bring items that are on our no thank you list. Excessive disposal fees are for items that we do not price and are NOT charged for items that we priced but did not sell in the allotted 90 days.
- Battery/Light Bulb Fee: Starts at $1 per battery/bulb (watch battery $5-10)
- Sticker Removal Fee: 0.25 cents per item
- Buyers Fee: This item handling fee is is added to almost every item. It is passed on to the buyer and is not paid by the consignor. The fee is based upon the selling price. The most common amount for this fee is $0.99.
Seasonal Consignment Guidelines
Please bring only in season items at the times listed below. When we receive your items; some are determined to be unsaleable and go to immediately to a charity or recycling company of our choice. The items that we choose for consignment will go to the sales floor during the proper season for best sales results.
- The best time to bring Spring is January Thru March
- The best time to bring Summer is March Thru June
- The best time to bring Fall is July Thru September
- The best time to bring Winter is September Thru December
A good guideline for “Holiday” merchandise is 90 days before the holiday. Example, the best time to bring Christmas decor and clothing is the end of September…90 days before Christmas.
Christmas decor in Fairbury: we no longer accept/sell Christmas trees with detachable branches or table top Christmas trees. Ornaments must have been over $15 each new and still current. September-October is the best time to bring Christmas decor–if you bring it to us in Nov/Dec it is too late for full price sales.
Items with no season, we price it all year long: Jeans, hoodies, and non-seasonal home decor.