Highlights of consignment policy:
- no appointment necessary
- 40% split, after fees (see fee schedule below)
- 50% split on items that sell for more than $100, after fees
- 90 day consignment period, pick up your cash anytime
- for maximum $$, bring items to consign in the correct season according to our seasonal calendar
- for maximum convenience, consignors can also bring out of season items any time, we will credit your consignment account with the cash now price
- bring items in “ready to sell” condition (freshly laundered, free of odors, fresh batteries or bulbs, free of garage sale stickers, free of hangers (we use our own)) See fees below if your items are not “ready to sell”
- $10 new account fee, must have 10 priceable items in order to open the account. After the account is open, there is no minimum or maximum number of items.
Read entire contract.
- New Account Fee: $10 (all new accounts)
- Mail Check Fee: $1 ea (only those that call and request a check)
- Early Consignment Pick-up Fee: $1 if picked up before the 60th day
- Cleaning Fee: starts at $1 per item for those items not “ready to sell”
- Battery/Light Bulb Fee: Starts at $1 per battery/bulb (watch battery $8)
- Sticker Removal Fee: 0.25 cents per item
- Buyers Fee: This item handling fee is is added to almost every item. It is passed on to the buyer and is not paid by the consignor. The fee is based upon the selling price. The most common amount for this fee is $2.99.
Seasonal Consignment Guidelines
For your convenience, you can bring any season anytime. We price the current season items (according to our best time schedule below) in your consignment account and buy the out of season items for the cash now price by crediting your consignment account.
- The best time to bring Spring is January Thru March
- The best time to bring Summer is March Thru June
- The best time to bring Fall is July Thru September
- The best time to bring Winter is September Thru December
A good guideline for “Holiday” merchandise is 90 days before the holiday. Example, the best time to bring Christmas decor and clothing is the end of September…90 days before Christmas.
Items with no season, we price it all year long: Jeans, hoodies, most furniture (Fairbury Only), and non-seasonal home decor (Fairbury Only).